We are a group of avid fisherman who enjoy fishing and fishing related things. We started as the City of Allen Fishing Field Team and had a blog that has since been archived - CityOfAllenFishing.Blogspot.com, and replaced by our current blog - StockerTroutFishing.com.
Over the years, the name has been shortened from COAF Field Team to Field Team and our members have shrunk. We started with five members, shrunk to one, and then added a four-legged member - Charlie the #maltesepuppy!
It is our hope to keep bringing fishing news and fishing things of interest to our Readers and YouTube Viewers. Thank you for stopping by and do check back at all our venues - YouTube, Blog, and this website for the latest happenings from the Team!
Till then, "Good Luck and Good Fishing"!
PS: The sections below provide fishing news, tips, suggestions, and articles that offer a wealth of information to Readers interested in fishing!
Standup Longboarding snippet that shows a quick workout we do to prepare for kayak fishing and increase our paddling endurance... plus it's FUN!
From the COAF Field Team...
As a picture is worth a thousand words, video is worth so much more in capturing those moments while in the field doing what we like best... fishing!
Do check out our YouTube Channel to see what we have been up to! Be it fishing, enjoying great times when not fishing, or even taking a break in the day job with a little ukulele time!
- Peak Tying Vise Playlist #youtube #flytying September 23, 2018
- Another Quick Update – Bubble Fly Rig! #coaffieldteam September 22, 2018
- Another Quick Tie – Elk Hair Caddis! #coaffieldteam September 21, 2018
Texas and Oklahoma - Fishing Reports
- Lake Somerville August 9, 2018Had a great time fishing the main lake today. In the morning I hit the points in W. Park and caught many white bass. They were all small and Similar size to the one JMoe is holding above. Caught a bunch of small largemouths and a couple sunnies.There were no signs of schooling fish. […]
- Lake Somerville August 6, 2018I went out to the lakeside of the dam last week to see if there were any white bass surfacing. Just before dark there were a bunch surfacing but they were all small. I suspect they were the crop from the spawn earlier this year. Looks like we had another good spawn as there were […]
- Kayak Fishing : Fork 5/14/18 May 16, 2018Report from Lake Fork…! I had a good day on Fork, Monday. No big ones but more action than I've had in a while. Caught 7 in the two to three pound range on hollow belly swimbaits real shallow, two on 5 inch flutter spoon in 18 feet of water, and one on topwater. […]
- Monday Morning Sidewalk Soggy and Flooding September 24, 2018
- Finally! Next Generation Fly Fishers Surfacing in Texas? September 22, 2018
- Weather Breaks This Monday Morning September 17, 2018
- it's DEAD easy to catch giant fish NOW September 15, 2018
- dodging stingrays at the beach to catch trout in the surf September 4, 2018
- monster fish right off the beach - butchered and cookered August 26, 2018
- alone overnight on island surrounded by fish - one thing to be afraid of August 16, 2018
- Spanish Macks after the rains, Freeport Texas Surfside Jetty September 24, 2018
- Holy $H!T did I hook a freight train!!!? September 19, 2018
- Monster Reds at Rollover Pass TX September 17, 2018
- Rain, rain and more rain/ I just want to fish! September 13, 2018
- Lake Conroe bass September 11, 2018
- Pamela Girlfish Summer Fishing Galveston Bay Hobie Outback July 29, 2018
- A sunset on Galveston Tx Bay July 13, 2018
- Pamela Girlfish: A Fishing Day On The Bay-Hobie Kayak Fishing June 26, 2018
- A fun day in Galveston Tx with some of the family June 16, 2018
Fly Fishing Blogs
- Autumnal Trouting September 24, 2018By: Alice Tesar With high water temps and river closures this summer throughout the west it is likely you’ve been fishing some unfamiliar high-country creeks and lakes. Exploring new water shouldn’t end because summer is over. Fall fishing in the high country can produce some of the feistiest and color-rich browns and brookies you see […]
- Sunday Classic / Tarpon on the Fly: 10 Rookie Mistakes September 23, 2018I'll never forget heading down to the Florida Keys for my first fishing trip for tarpon on the fly. Cruise control set and adrenaline pumping through my veins, that fifteen hour drive south only felt like it took four hours. My rookie confidence was overflowing, leaving me zero doubt that I had the necessary fishing […]
- Saturday Shoutout / Smoke on the Water September 22, 2018Fire, Water and Steel on the Deschutes River. I just returned from the G&G Steelhead Camp on the Deschutes River in Oregon. You may already know that the river was at the heart of a huge wild fire just a month ago. That didn’t stop my buddy Curtis Ciszek from heading out for some cold […]
- We Have To Go… November 20, 2017It was a Rubik’s cube of calendars; a six-sided complex puzzle and I’d become a major part of the scramble. Matt Jennings from Fishing BC was trying to organize a fishing trip between me, Katy Watson of Northern Outback Adventures, photographer Jeremy Koreski, videographer Brandon Kelly, a helicopter pilot and, of course, the fish themselves. […]
- Queens of the Desert November 1, 2017I don’t know why I was so surprised to hear Dubai has good fishing. For years I assumed the city to be a major dustbowl of wealth, high-rises, restrictions, and layovers — a pretty ignorant depiction coming from a girl who’d only ever experienced Dubai’s international airport (which is, admittedly, rather impressive). I’d flown through […]
- Exmouth on the Fly July 7, 2017It was four years, one marriage, a shit-ton of paperwork, and an unhealthy amount of saltwater fishing earlier when I replaced winter steelhead with marlin; white snow soon to be forgotten by pale yellow sand. Splitting my life between both countries — a “summer chaser” as they called me — I had the best of […]
- SWIFT FLY FISHING - The Epic 580 is Back September 10, 2018Last week Carl McNeil of Swift Fly Fishing and I traded a few messages about what's been going on in their New Zealand shop as of late and since then the Epic 580 has been reintroduced and is now available as a Blank, Ready to Wrap Kits and Studio Built Fly Rods.WHAT'S SO GREAT ABOUT […]
- HOWLER BROTHERS - The Aguacero Rain Jacket Has Arrived September 10, 2018I mentioned it a few weeks back in the Howler Brothers Fall 2018 Collection announcement that it was coming, but the Aguacero Rain Jacket has arrived and is ready to check out.This IFTD award winning jacket is offered in four colorways and features 2.5 layer stretch waterproof fabric, bungee drawcords, taped seams, Western-style front pockets […]
- SIGHT LINE PROVISIONS - CARP!!! September 8, 2018"Carp Freaks" can rejoice, Sight Line Provisions has (finally) released a Carp Bracelet for those who dig chasing these fish with hopes that they will take a fly.Visit the Sight Line Provisions website to check it out and follow along on Facebook and Instagram for the latest shop news.Subscribe in a reader
Fly Fishing Fun!
- Science-Based Tips for Proper Catch and Release, with Sascha Danylchuk September 13, 2018
- Late Season Smallmouths, with Mike Schultz September 7, 2018
- When you Catch and Keep, with The MeatEater, Steven Rinella August 29, 2018
- Late Summer Terrestrials, with Jenny Mayrell-Woodruff August 14, 2018
- Tying an Irish Mayfly Dun (Parachute Style Dry Fly) with Davie McPhail September 23, 2018
- Tying a Small Grey Duster (Parachute Style) with Davie McPhail September 15, 2018
- Tying a Bob's Bits Claret CDC Hopper with Davie McPhail September 7, 2018
- Tying a Gold Invicta (Wet Fly) with Davie McPhail September 5, 2018
- EP A2Z Minnow Fly Tying Video - 239Flies September 23, 2018
- DL3Minnow Fly Tying Video - 239Flies September 21, 2018
- "One Inch Death Punch" - Streamer Fly Tying Video - Troy Coburn Fly Pattern September 19, 2018
- How To Set Up For A Bonefish Fly Fishing Trip - RIO Products September 13, 2018
- Take Action Now! Save the LWCF - Land and Water Conservation Fund September 6, 2018
- Sage SPEY Reel Review September 4, 2018
- Redington Butter Stick Fly Rod 2.0 - Product Review September 1, 2018
- Sage Spectrum MAX, LT, and Spectrum Fly Reel Review August 29, 2018
- Sep 22, A Perfect Match: Nissin Air Stage Hakubai 240 and Reaper MidgeHave you discovered that some rods and flies seem made for each other? In recent outings I’ve found that the Nissin Air Stage Hakubai 240 and a purple
- Sep 21, Fly Spoon Rod - The Suntech Genryu Sawanobori 45Tis the time for Rod reviews I guess. I notice that Chris has the Suntech Genryu Sawanobori 45 back in stock. I just read through the official review,
- Sep 20, This Just In...New items and out-of-stocks that are back in stock. Suntech Genryu Sawanobori 45 Very light, very stiff rod for "lantern fishing" or tight line nymphing. Back in stock. Medium Rod Case Light weight semi-rigid plastic rod case that fits most tenkara, keiryu and seiryu rods. Back in stock. Daiwa .4g Vega Spoons Very small, light […]
- Sep 20, Comparison: Shimotsuke Kiyotake 240 v Nissin Airstage Hakubai 240Back in March I purchased a Shimotsuke Kiyotake 240 rod on ebay for a ridiculously low price. It sounded ideal for fishing the narrow, tree-shrouded urban
- tenkara+ Run: The FlyathlonRun, Fish, Beer! That’s the tagline for the Flyathlon, an event that brings together people to run a race, catch a fish, and at the end of the day enjoy a cold beer…all the while raising money to protect native trout. On August 11, 2018, 60 participants ran the race in a remote location and […]
- Video: Customer Service Tenkara Rod Tips from Tenkara USATenkara rods are very easy to use and are pretty strong. Some common problems with tenkara rods are very easy to avoid or deal with. In this video, John Geer from Tenkara USA’s customer service team, will walk you through some of the common problems seen on a tenkara rod, how to avoid problems while […]
- We Thought We Were People – A Film by Erica MellonIf you’re into running, be prepared for some awesome tenkara + running videos we will be publishing in the next few days. If you’re not into running….you may just get inspired to combine tenkara + running after you watch these videos. Here’s the first one. This film was created by Erica Mellon with tenkara guide […]
Kayak Fishing Fun!
- My Hobie KAYAK Started SINKING OFFSHORE! September 24, 2018
- Catch and Cook - Blackened Snapper Salad on the Grill! September 21, 2018
- People Keep HITTING the GRAFFITI BRIDGE! September 20, 2018
- MAKE IT HAPPEN MONDAY! - #2 YouTube full time & Still playing music September 24, 2018
- My Engel Cooler Mods for Paddle Boarding - Tips with Ty September 22, 2018
- WATCH: Sharks swim too close to Swimmers at Pensacola Beach September 20, 2018
- 30mo VLOG - Horned Devils, Snakes & Water Mains Blown September 18, 2018
- MARINE PATROL SAFETY CHECK + GIANT REDFISH NEARLY FLIPS ME When Caught In Rudder! September 24, 2018
- ANNOUNCEMENT PODCAST LAUNCH While Waiting For Flat Seas... September 16, 2018
- HURRICANE FLORENCE PREP - PENN SPINFISHER VI Review + Field Test! September 12, 2018
- Catching Fish on HORNETS & LARVA | Field Trips Connecticut September 20, 2018
- Hand Lining Striper & Exploring Cape May | Field Trips New Jersey September 18, 2018
- Poling the Flats for Topwater Striper | Field Trips New Jersey September 13, 2018
- TROPHY Sheepshead Fishing in Cape May | Field Trips New Jersey September 11, 2018
- Fishing & Exploring Ocean City | Field Trips Maryland September 4, 2018
- Fish CANNOT Resist This Bait... Mullet Run 2018 September 24, 2018
- GIANT Snook Fishing - Mullet Run 2018 September 18, 2018
- We ATE Our BAIT...AGAIN- Catch Clean Cook- Netting Ballyhoo September 12, 2018
- NON STOP Sea Trout ACTION! Inshore Wade Fishing September 8, 2018
- We ATE our BAIT.. Catch Clean Cook- Netting Glass Minnows (Anchovy) August 30, 2018
- Sight Fishing GIANT Cobia on Bridges and Rays in Virginia September 18, 2018
- Ridiculous Dolphin Fishing in Miami September 11, 2018
- A Giant Surprise at the Last Minute! September 4, 2018
- Filleting Giant Cobia - Live August 31, 2018
- Food Chain Fishing Challenge - Tiny Fish to Giant Fish August 28, 2018
- LAST cast miracle fish|| Catch and release 14.7kg Mussel cracker!! || Guided adventure September 22, 2018
- How to catch mussel cracker using red crab || secret trick September 19, 2018
- SAFTAD Trade show || whats new in the fishing world? From rods to drones. August 23, 2018
- Bronzie and grey shark action, Mazeppa bay! || Shark fishing South Africa August 7, 2018
- Live mullet, bait demonstration for kob and garric August 2, 2018
East Coast Happenings!
- HORIZONTAL DISTANCE JIGGING Fishing for Fluke / Summer Flounder SQUIDDING with the SQUIDDER September 22, 2018
- SNAPPER bluefish BLUEFISH *** STRIPED BASS *** BLUEFISH bluefish TEASER September 19, 2018
- SUN to SUNSET - Surf Fishing with CUT HICKORY SHAD Baits - 2 Shad / 2 Hits / 2 Fish September 15, 2018
- 30-pound Topwater Surf Fishing Striper and Hook Caution September 22, 2018
- Underwater Doormats!! Jumbo Fluke (Flounder) and Sea Bass Strike Baits! September 5, 2018
- 12-pound Fluke (Flounder)! Plus Mutant Fish and Horrible Boat Fire August 27, 2018
- Topwater Striper Fishing SHALLOW Water. Foggy Dusk Bite September 18, 2018
- Nantucket JUMBO Fluke/Flounder Trip. Fluke to 14lb+ September 7, 2018
- All Night/Day Fishing Binge NJ- Striper, Bonito, Mackerel+ COPS CALLED September 1, 2018
On to the West Coast....
- Drone Fishing - HIDDEN Tiny Pond!!! September 12, 2018
- How to Fish the Underspin - Picking the right Swimbait September 11, 2018
- Fishing near a WARSHIP(USS Midway)|San Diego September 3, 2018
YouTube Fishing Dudes....
- Fishing a FLOODED Saltwater Field! (My Bucketlist Catch) September 24, 2018
- Hunting BIG Bass in Tiny Clear Rivers -- (I Lost a GIANT) September 23, 2018
- I Wish I Wouldn't Have Found This September 18, 2018
YouTube Fishing Ladies...
- UNEXPECTED Visit from the LAW while Deep Sea Fishing! September 20, 2018
- Super SIMPLE! Catch Clean Cook- Cracker Encrusted Florida Kingfish September 18, 2018
- LOBSTER Catch Clean Cook! GRILLING Lobster Tails on BBQ! September 13, 2018
Texas Fly Fishing Spotlight
Fly Fish Rockport
2 weeks 6 days ago
Sadly, our vacation is over. Everyone is back in the Texas heat, but still thinking of our fun times up North. A great trip, with…
3 weeks 2 days ago
Ben was able to make the trip with us this year. He was new to AK and northern pike as well. He was a riot…
3 weeks 3 days ago
Levi rings the bell with the largest fish of the trip. Drinks on him when we get back to Rockport!!! #buyaround #vacation #pikeonthefly #northernpike #flyfishing…
ReelFly Fishing Adventure
5 days 15 hours ago
ReelFly Fishing Adventures Guide Service & Fly Shop updated their profile picture.
1 week 12 hours ago
The rain the past few days has us thinking about fall #texas colors. We have been booking trips for our 2018/2019 Trout Season which is…
1 week 6 days ago
Our friends over @realalebrewing have some some fall flavors on the way - pairs well with a 2017 vintage #rainbowtrout and a touch of #guadaluperiver…
2 weeks 9 hours ago
The first @cbarclayflyrodco fiberglass rod just went out the other day! We spent quite a bit of time behind the shop casting the 7’9” “General…
Action Angler & Outdoors
6 days 2 hours ago
Big bows on the Gunnison River. #blackcanyonanglers #gunnisonriver #echoflyfishing
1 month 1 week ago
Gunny Brown. #blackcanyonanglers #flyfishingcolorado #trout #browntown
Texas Fishing Piers
61st Fishing Pier
5 hours 19 minutes ago
Full moon tonight
15 hours 7 minutes ago
#pier #galveston #TX #Texas #gulfofmexico #fishing #dock #pierlife #Redfish #61stpier
19 hours 17 minutes ago
61st Street Fishing Pier added 2 new photos.
61st Street Fishing Pier added a new photo.
1 day 6 hours ago
Don't forget about "Redfish Rodeo"! October 1 - October 31 $20 to enter - includes a free admission.
Galveston Fishing Pier
10 hours 41 minutes ago
Putting away our bikes! Bike Rentals will be available again in the Spring! Thanks to everyone who took our cruisers on the town! Looking forward…
13 hours 24 minutes ago
Afternoon update: Spanish Mackerel on the report!
17 hours 51 minutes ago
Report Update: Small sharks and reds!
21 hours 55 minutes ago
Good morning anglers its 77F with a WNW wind at 1mph. Water is sandy and flat. High tides are 5:03am & 4:19pm. Low tides are…
Pirate’s Landing Fishing Pier
3 weeks 3 days ago
Have a safe Labor Day weekend! #portisabel #spi #pierfishing #gofishing
1 month 1 week ago
Restocked! Thanks @marker54lures