We are a group of avid fisherman who enjoy fishing and fishing related things. We started as the City of Allen Fishing Field Team and had a blog that has since been archived - CityOfAllenFishing.Blogspot.com, and replaced by our current blog - StockerTroutFishing.com.
Over the years, the name has been shortened from COAF Field Team to Field Team and our members have shrunk. We started with five members, shrunk to one, and then added a four-legged member - Charlie the #maltesepuppy!
It is our hope to keep bringing fishing news and fishing things of interest to our Readers and YouTube Viewers. Thank you for stopping by and do check back at all our venues - YouTube, Blog, and this website for the latest happenings from the Team!
Till then, "Good Luck and Good Fishing"!
PS: The sections below provide fishing news, tips, suggestions, and articles that offer a wealth of information to Readers interested in fishing!
Standup Longboarding snippet that shows a quick workout we do to prepare for kayak fishing and increase our paddling endurance... plus it's FUN!
From the COAF Field Team...
As a picture is worth a thousand words, video is worth so much more in capturing those moments while in the field doing what we like best... fishing!
Do check out our YouTube Channel to see what we have been up to! Be it fishing, enjoying great times when not fishing, or even taking a break in the day job with a little ukulele time!
Texas and Oklahoma - Fishing Reports
- White Bass Run! October 6, 2018
- Kayak Fishing : Re: Palestine 9/29/18 September 30, 2018Recent report with Pics! lconn4: Re: Palestine 9/29/18 Stopped and fished in all the places I got bit earlier and caught a couple of more on fluke. Hooked a couple of bowfin that I thought were bass and luckily they pulled off. Make it back to deep hole near bridge and get thumped on […]
- Lake Somerville August 9, 2018Had a great time fishing the main lake today. In the morning I hit the points in W. Park and caught many white bass. They were all small and Similar size to the one JMoe is holding above. Caught a bunch of small largemouths and a couple sunnies.There were no signs of schooling fish. […]
- New Year's Eve Lower Illinois River Trout Footage. January 1, 2019
- LIR trout 12-16-18 December 21, 2018
- Fly fishing the LIR Thanksgiving day. November 25, 2018
- Lower Illinois River trout under water footage Thanksgiving day 2018 November 24, 2018
- DUMB IDEA: fishing with 2 people on a micro boat in dangerous bay January 14, 2019
- beach sheepshead catch and cook - MY WAY December 23, 2018
- fishing in sketch nasty stuff - dont do this... catch and cook December 14, 2018
- I strapped a BIGGER motor to a paddle board to fish - top speed? December 2, 2018
- Piscifun Torrent Review, Cold Weather Kayak Fishing January 17, 2019
- Brays Bayou Quick Trip, Houston Boat Show 2019 January 14, 2019
- I think it's a doo-doo eater! Pond Hopping South Houston January 11, 2019
- Shimano Curado DC Catches "Big Ugly" Saltwater Monster January 9, 2019
- A Big Thanks and Serious Marsh Donkey Action!!! January 7, 2019
- Get Away January 14, 2019
- SUNZEE This is one thing I love on my fishing trips. Plus a big Flounder November 12, 2018
- Monster Redfish At Galveston Bay, Tx Hobie Kayak Fishing November 7, 2018
- Pamela Girlfish Summer Fishing Galveston Bay Hobie Outback July 29, 2018
Fly Fishing Blogs
- Louis’s Fly Fishing Yoga January 18, 2019Here are two simple stretches that will help your fly casting. From time to time I see a fly angler who has trouble with their casting because their shoulders are too tight. A limited range of motion can cause all kinds of problems with your cast. It’s worth taking some time do do some simple […]
- Beyond The Flies: Making The Most Out Of Your Winter Fishing January 17, 2019By Kyle Wilkinson Being prepared for a day of winter fishing means more than having a box of the right flies. I got an email earlier today from a customer who had just gotten back from the river. He had attempted to fish the South Platte however, after several hours of trying to cast between […]
- 5 Tips For Technical Tailwaters January 16, 2019By Johnny Spillane COLORADO HAS SOME OF THE TOUGHEST TAILWATERS ANYWHERE. Tailwater trout get a good education. They see plenty of attention, especially the fish in Colorado's well publicized fisheries. The Yampa, here in Steamboat Springs, is a great example. A lot of anglers think they can't catch these fish. Trout have a brain that […]
- We Have To Go… November 20, 2017It was a Rubik’s cube of calendars; a six-sided complex puzzle and I’d become a major part of the scramble. Matt Jennings from Fishing BC was trying to organize a fishing trip between me, Katy Watson of Northern Outback Adventures, photographer Jeremy Koreski, videographer Brandon Kelly, a helicopter pilot and, of course, the fish themselves. […]
- Queens of the Desert November 1, 2017I don’t know why I was so surprised to hear Dubai has good fishing. For years I assumed the city to be a major dustbowl of wealth, high-rises, restrictions, and layovers — a pretty ignorant depiction coming from a girl who’d only ever experienced Dubai’s international airport (which is, admittedly, rather impressive). I’d flown through […]
- Exmouth on the Fly July 7, 2017It was four years, one marriage, a shit-ton of paperwork, and an unhealthy amount of saltwater fishing earlier when I replaced winter steelhead with marlin; white snow soon to be forgotten by pale yellow sand. Splitting my life between both countries — a “summer chaser” as they called me — I had the best of […]
- THIS IS FLY - Issue 71 January 18, 2019The latest issue of This Is Fly is live and ready to ease you into the weekend.CHECK IT.Subscribe in a reader
- GREEN BUS DESIGNS - The Cap Art of Michael Williams January 18, 2019It's been a awhile since I last highlighted the work of artist Michael Williams of Green Bus Designs (see previous T.F.M. posts HERE and HERE) so here's a few dozen color markers emptied doing artful scribbles on ball caps to brighten your day.Check out the Green Bus Designs website for more and be sure to […]
- The Southern Belize Fly Tying Initiative - Placencia Session January 16, 2019(If you missed the first post in this series, please circle back and start with the Hopkins Session before continuing on.)The next morning we were up early, ate breakfast (yes, a couple more fry jacks), packed up all our gear and the three of us jumped into the shuttle from Hopkins to Placencia. Our next […]
Fly Fishing Fun!
- How to be a Great Fishing-Guide Client, with Simon Perkins January 18, 2019
- Landlocked Salmon, with Jeff LeBree December 28, 2018
- The Hunt for Giant Trout, with Landon Mayer December 21, 2018
- Picking and Fishing, with Chris Pandolfi of The Infamous Stringdusters. December 7, 2018
- Tying the Hardy's Favourite (Wet Fly) with Davie McPhail January 17, 2019
- Tying a Gold Ribbed Olive Hare's Ear Nymph with Davie McPhail January 6, 2019
- Tying a Low Water Salmon Fly the March Brown with Davie McPhail December 30, 2018
- Tying the Grizzly Bibio Hopper with Davie McPhail December 23, 2018
- New 2019 Ross Animas Fly Reel Video January 13, 2019
- How To Rig A Fly Rod and Reel Video - RIO Products January 12, 2019
- Tacky Flydrophobic SD Silicone Breathable Fly Box Video January 11, 2019
- Snap T Tips - The 180 Deg Principle - RIO Products January 9, 2019
- Ascension Bay - Grand Slam Seminar/Webinar - 3.5 Hours January 5, 2019
- Deadly Drop Shot Nymph Rig // Simple Setup and Explanation December 22, 2018
- Ross Evolution LTX Fly Reel Review // Take 3 December 20, 2018
- Fly Fishing Tip for Baby Tarpon - 2 O'CLOCK! // Become a Better Flats Boat Angler December 13, 2018
- Jan 18, This Just In...New items and out-of-stocks that are back in stock. Daiwa Iprimi 56XXUL-S This is the best spinning rod I have ever found for micro fishing, and will be a ton of fun with little trout in the headwaters. Back in stock.
- Jan 17, This Just In...New items and out-of-stocks that are back in stock. Flies! Ishigaki Kebari, American Takami Special, Light Olive Small Stream Special, Kebari No.6. All back in stock, except for Kebari No.6, which is a new item.
- Jan 13, Trip Report - 1-6-19Last summer's Oni School was an eye opener for me. I had always thought that Tenkara no Oni fished with light lines, and the lighter the better. The weather was quite windy during the school, though, and he mostly fished size 4.5 lines. This past Sunday I got another eye opener. I had known for […]
- Jan 13, This Just In...New items and out-of-stocks that are back in stock. 3 x 5 Photo Tank Large enough for multiple micros or a small sunfish or even a very small trout. Keep 'em wet and get a better photo ID. Back in stock.
- mounTEN: Issue Four, January 2019Welcome to the fourth issue of Tenkara USA’s official monthly ezine, covering the best stories on the tenkara method of fly-fishing. mounTEN brings forth content created by Tenkara USA over the last 10 years in a fun-to-read format. This month features an article on tangles & snags, covers a trip fishing tenkara with Ed […]
- Latest from Tenkara USABesides the blog posts below, here you’ll find the newest content from Tenkara USA: mounTEN – the tenkara ezine mounTEN brings to you the best stories and articles we have shared in the TEN years since we introduced tenkara to the US. Each issue contains TEN beautifully designed spreads, and is released on the TENth […]
- mounTEN: issue 3, December 2018Welcome to the third issue of Tenkara USA’s official monthly ezine, covering the best stories on the tenkara method of fly-fishing. mounTEN brings forth content created by Tenkara USA over the last 10 years in a fun-to-read format. This month features Ice Shelf Fishing, Bamboo Rods, Iwana Sashimi, a new Up Tenkara Creek Comic and […]
Kayak Fishing Fun!
- I love teaching people how to Saltwater Fish | Kayak Fishing Pensacola January 17, 2019
- 30MO VLOG | Trip to Texas | Hunting, Fishing & A Barbie Doll Wedding January 16, 2019
- WE ARE MOVING AGAIN ! | Channel Update 2019 January 12, 2019
- WELL THAT'S A FIRST ! | Kayak fishing Pensacola January 10, 2019
- My Favorite Rods & Reels for Freshwater Fishing January 15, 2019
- Bass Fishing & Dead Zero Shooting Park January 8, 2019
- TOP 10 BEST FISHING MOMENTS OF 2018 January 2, 2019
- How to Fish Small Creeks for Largemouth & Smallies December 26, 2018
- WALKTHROUGH: Lightning Kayaks Strike - Bow to Stern December 23, 2018
- 2 Record BREAKING Fish in 1 Day! Catch Clean Cook (GIANT Flounder) December 17, 2018
- Our Baits got DEMOLISHED... (Pier Fishing) December 13, 2018
- DEADLIEST Lure on the Pier...Catch n Cook December 5, 2018
- Wahoo (Ono) Poke Style Fish Nachos! Easy Recipe! December 4, 2018
- The Fish Stood NO Chance... (Pier Fishing) December 3, 2018
- How to make Shark traces for fishing South Africa January 15, 2019
- Guided shark fishing trip South Africa! January 8, 2019
- EASTERN CAPE BRONZIES! \\ shark fishing south africa November 26, 2018
- DRONE fishing for the first time!! November 15, 2018
- Tagging and releasing Sharks in INSANELY clear water!!! || SOUTH AFRICA November 8, 2018
East Coast Happenings!
- 5 MINUTE MEDITATION - "Icy Waters" - Fishing the Tranquil Cold Winter Water January 16, 2019
- Summer Beach Fluke - FLOUNDER FLY FISHING & Too Many Flies, REAL FLIES - THE BITING KIND! January 12, 2019
- SPIN FISHING the ROOSTER TAIL SPINNER - Bass / Crappie / Pickerel - WINTER FRESHWATER TAILFECTA January 9, 2019
- 2018 Fishing Highlights From Surf to Deep - Another Season on the Edge! December 23, 2018
- Blackfish Jigging - When Should You Set the Hook? December 16, 2018
- Flounder (Fluke) Catch and Cook - Pineapple Glazed Easy Recipe December 10, 2018
On to the West Coast....
- SIMPLE Trick to catching Trout | UNDERWATER FOOTAGE January 13, 2019
- DO Bass eat Rainbow Trout? [Swim Bait Fishing] January 1, 2019
- Fishing For California HALIBUT | 2 Favorite Lures on Dropshot December 17, 2018
YouTube Fishing Dudes....
- My BIGGEST Bass Of the Year! (It's a GIANT) January 17, 2019
- We Couldn't Save This Fish... -- Mexico Big Bass Bash January 14, 2019
- Mountain Fishing In Mexico For THE BIGGEST Bass! January 11, 2019
YouTube Fishing Ladies...
- Traps FULL of SURPRISES! Two Sisters Inshore Fishing for Crabs! January 17, 2019
- Hooked in the EYEBALL! Florida Inshore Fishing Tarpon, Snook, & Jacks January 15, 2019
- CREEPY! The Fish with Human Teeth. January 10, 2019
Texas Fly Fishing Spotlight
Fly Fish Rockport
4 days 16 hours ago
Repost from @yamahaoutboards using @RepostRegramApp - A redfish a day, keeps the boss away! 📷: @flyfishrockport . . #redfish #redfishonfly #flyfishing #texasflyfishing #bullredfish #texas #toweeboats…
1 week 16 hours ago
Cheers to one hell of a week down here on the #Texas Coast! #friyay #redfish #redfishonfly #flyfishing #texasflyfishing #rockporttx #flyfishrockport @ GLOW
1 week 2 days ago
Windy Wednesday’s. Perfect for a little work on the short game. #golf #nobaddays #uagolf #uafish #rockporttx #flyfishrockport
1 week 3 days ago
Fun seeing a couple more of these big boys today. #redfish #redfishonfly #bullredfish #flyfishing #texasflyfishing #texas #toweeboats #flyfishrockport
ReelFly Fishing Adventure
2 days 1 hour ago
Quick snap and back to the water for others to enjoy. 📸and guide @justin_jay11 #reelfly #reelflyfishing #flyfish #flyfishing #browntrout #trout #troutonthefly #flyfishtexas #texashillcountry #flyfishingjunkie #bookatrip…
3 days 22 hours ago
Great way to start off the new year! Our customers will be happy to be able to pick these up in both Canyon Lake and…
4 days 6 minutes ago
GUADALUPE RIVER FLOW UPDATE 1/15/19: Flows will NOT be increased to 1200CFS this week so look for more of the same ~700s. There is a…
4 days 17 hours ago
River flow update.
Canyon Lake Release Advisory
The water level in Canyon Reservoir is currently at 910.71 ft. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will increase the water release rate to 1200 cfs Tuesday morning, January 15, to lower the water to 910.0 ft.
Property owners, recreationalists and other stakeholders should take notice of the changing river flows. Additional information about Canyon releases and other stream flow data may be found at https://bit.ly/2NI2HTz.
Action Angler & Outdoors
2 days 15 hours ago
Mostly Browns today. #guadaluperivertroutunlimited #guadaluperiver #thenbscene #guidedfloattrips
4 days 23 minutes ago
Action Angler & Outdoor Center- Guadalupe River, New Braunfels, TX added a new photo.
4 days 58 minutes ago
Had a good day with Clif yesterday. Today the flows are going up to 1200 cfs by noon. #guadaluperivertroutunlimited #guadaluperiver #echoflyfishing #thenbscene
5 days 20 hours ago
Wading the Guadalupe River with flows at 758cfs. There's a few places it can be done. #ActionAngler #knowyourriver #fishwithapartner #wadingstaff #tightwadingbelts #feltsoles
Texas Fishing Piers
61st Fishing Pier
15 hours 16 minutes ago
43” bull on cut mullet (head piece) in same exact spot as Brandon just caught his an hour ago! 🎣
15 hours 50 minutes ago
Its official. 43" Red. Allyns best.
16 hours 22 minutes ago
Brandon with the great catch. 41 3/4 “ Redfish on half mullet (head piece) 2/0 hook on Shakesphere Alpha rod! ( we rent these for…
16 hours 52 minutes ago
61st Street Fishing Pier added a new photo.
17 hours 31 seconds ago
Brandon from Houston with this beauty... 41 3/4 “. Nice fish man! 🤙
Galveston Fishing Pier
17 hours 54 minutes ago
Good afternoon anglers, it's 6⁴F with a SSE wind at 17mph. Water is Sandy with a 1-2ft swell. Report today has been sand trout, Croaker…
1 day 2 hours ago
Morning anglers! 60*, cloudy with some rain, 2 mph N Water is sandy, 1-2 ft 3:58p H, 7:28a L GFP is open 7a-10p
2 days 21 hours ago
Pre Spring cleaning day!! #work
3 days 15 hours ago
Galveston Fishing Pier added 4 new photos — with Eddie Lee.
Pirate’s Landing Fishing Pier
2 days 11 hours ago
Tag a buddy that makes that face 😂😂😂 you know who it is......
Customer Edgar Villarreal sent this pic of a nice black drum caught over the weekend. 🎣🎣🎣