We are a group of avid fisherman who enjoy fishing and fishing related things. We started as the City of Allen Fishing Field Team and had a blog that has since been archived - CityOfAllenFishing.Blogspot.com, and replaced by our current blog - StockerTroutFishing.com.
Over the years, the name has been shortened from COAF Field Team to Field Team and our members have shrunk. We started with five members, shrunk to one, and then added a four-legged member - Charlie the #maltesepuppy!
It is our hope to keep bringing fishing news and fishing things of interest to our Readers and YouTube Viewers. Thank you for stopping by and do check back at all our venues - YouTube, Blog, and this website for the latest happenings from the Team!
Till then, "Good Luck and Good Fishing"!
PS: The sections below provide fishing news, tips, suggestions, and articles that offer a wealth of information to Readers interested in fishing!
Standup Longboarding snippet that shows a quick workout we do to prepare for kayak fishing and increase our paddling endurance... plus it's FUN!
From the COAF Field Team...
As a picture is worth a thousand words, video is worth so much more in capturing those moments while in the field doing what we like best... fishing!
Do check out our YouTube Channel to see what we have been up to! Be it fishing, enjoying great times when not fishing, or even taking a break in the day job with a little ukulele time!
- Happy Friday… Coffee, Micro Fishing, and Ukulele Time! October 19, 2018
- Celebration Park with the Water Wolf Camera…! October 19, 2018
- How We Fish Bubble Fly Rigs #flyfishing October 13, 2018
Texas and Oklahoma - Fishing Reports
- White Bass Run! October 6, 2018
- Kayak Fishing : Re: Palestine 9/29/18 September 30, 2018Recent report with Pics! lconn4: Re: Palestine 9/29/18 Stopped and fished in all the places I got bit earlier and caught a couple of more on fluke. Hooked a couple of bowfin that I thought were bass and luckily they pulled off. Make it back to deep hole near bridge and get thumped on […]
- Lake Somerville August 9, 2018Had a great time fishing the main lake today. In the morning I hit the points in W. Park and caught many white bass. They were all small and Similar size to the one JMoe is holding above. Caught a bunch of small largemouths and a couple sunnies.There were no signs of schooling fish. […]
- two most dangerous animals on the beach while fishing October 20, 2018
- you have NEVER seen a boat like this - first ever boat! October 14, 2018
- casting to MANTA RAYS for giant fish from land October 9, 2018
- fish SNAPS fishing rod - new record fish caught from land September 30, 2018
- !!!WINNERS 10,000 Subscriber Give-A-Way WINNERS!!! October 19, 2018
- Grilled Redfish with Cilantro Lime Avocado Sauce, Cooking Your Catch October 19, 2018
- Kayak fishing a flooded marsh/looking for Red Texas Donkeys October 17, 2018
- Cold weather gear October 16, 2018
- Pecan Crusted Redfish & Sheepshead w/ Raspberry Chipotle Sauce, Cooking Your Catch October 15, 2018
- DIY GoPro Straw Hat Mount | #ActionHatCustom October 20, 2018
- FishFRSH Hoodie PREORDER Ends 10/25/18 October 20, 2018
- The Promise Land | FishFRSH TV: EP 21 (feat. Cami Cakes and Matt Carr) October 19, 2018
- Pamela Girlfish Summer Fishing Galveston Bay Hobie Outback July 29, 2018
- A sunset on Galveston Tx Bay July 13, 2018
- Pamela Girlfish: A Fishing Day On The Bay-Hobie Kayak Fishing June 26, 2018
- A fun day in Galveston Tx with some of the family June 16, 2018
Fly Fishing Blogs
- Saturday Shoutout / One Life One River October 20, 2018Water, work, cancer, and a thriving will to live, on the water. Becca Klein’s story is truly an inspiration. You’d never guess, meeting Becca, that she has survived two cancer diagnoses. You wouldn’t guess that anything could slow her down or dampen her irrepressible spirit. Maybe that’s the key because while many see cancer as […]
- Orvis Mirage LT Fly Reel: Video October 19, 2018Orvis has a great new light weight trout reel that’s made in America. Orvis introduced it’s Mirage fly reel a couple of years ago and it’s proven to be a workhorse. Their goal of producing a quality, made in America reel was certainly achieved but the Mirage was certainly aimed at the big game market. […]
- Low Flows October 18, 2018By Jesse Lowry Late summer out here in the Kootenay’s of British Columbia means hot days and low flows. Despite the recent heat wave, water temperatures this year managed to stay in safe ranges thanks to a solid snow pack in the alpine. These type of conditions are some of my favourite to be out […]
- We Have To Go… November 20, 2017It was a Rubik’s cube of calendars; a six-sided complex puzzle and I’d become a major part of the scramble. Matt Jennings from Fishing BC was trying to organize a fishing trip between me, Katy Watson of Northern Outback Adventures, photographer Jeremy Koreski, videographer Brandon Kelly, a helicopter pilot and, of course, the fish themselves. […]
- Queens of the Desert November 1, 2017I don’t know why I was so surprised to hear Dubai has good fishing. For years I assumed the city to be a major dustbowl of wealth, high-rises, restrictions, and layovers — a pretty ignorant depiction coming from a girl who’d only ever experienced Dubai’s international airport (which is, admittedly, rather impressive). I’d flown through […]
- Exmouth on the Fly July 7, 2017It was four years, one marriage, a shit-ton of paperwork, and an unhealthy amount of saltwater fishing earlier when I replaced winter steelhead with marlin; white snow soon to be forgotten by pale yellow sand. Splitting my life between both countries — a “summer chaser” as they called me — I had the best of […]
- THIS IS FLY - Issue 69 October 19, 2018As we're easing into another weekend, be sure that you take a few minutes to enjoy the latest issue from This Is Fly. Look close, there is some "Glass Geek" and clicker fly reel goodness this go around.CHECK IT. Subscribe in a reader
- GREG SENYO FLY TYING - Website Launch & Discount October 19, 2018With fall finally feeling like it's showing up here (it was in the 40's last night) it's got me thinking of swinging flies for lake run rainbows, browns and steelhead. I have a couple fly boxes chock full of cherished swing patterns and many of those flies came from Greg' Senyo's vise or tied to […]
- SIGHT LINE PROVISIONS - Curated Collection Fall Giveaway October 14, 2018Edgar Diaz of Sight Line Provisions has called in favors with a solid short list of industry friends and put together the Curated Collection Fall Giveaway that is in it's final days. There is over $2,200 of gear in the mix and takes just a couple minutes to submit your name. Follow each giveaway sponsor […]
Fly Fishing Fun!
- Stream Access Now! With Rob Parkins October 4, 2018
- Your FAQ's Answered, with Jeremy Benn of Orvis Tech Support September 26, 2018
- Science-Based Tips for Proper Catch and Release, with Sascha Danylchuk September 13, 2018
- Late Season Smallmouths, with Mike Schultz September 7, 2018
- 62 Patterns from T E Pritt's Book "North Country Flies" tyed by Davie McPhail October 19, 2018
- Tying the Greentail (Soft Hackle/Wet Fly) with Davie McPhail October 15, 2018
- Tying the Red Clock or Pheasant (Soft Hackle/Wet Fly) with Davie McPhail October 13, 2018
- Tying the Little Black Soft Hackle:Wet Fly with Davie McPhail October 11, 2018
- Fishpond Westbank Wader Belt - Fishpond USA October 13, 2018
- Fishpond Thunderhead Rolltop Duffel - Fishpond USA October 13, 2018
- Fishpond Thunderhead Chest Pack - Fishpond USA October 13, 2018
- Fishpond Switchback Wading Belt System - Fishpond USA October 13, 2018
- What is the Best Trout Spey Line? - SA Spey Lite Integrated Skagit Intermediate Review October 17, 2018
- Winston PURE Fly Rod - Light Line Fly Rod Review October 13, 2018
- Lamson Waterworks COBALT - Saltwater Fly Reel Review October 2, 2018
- Lamson Waterworks FORCE SL Fly Reel Review - Lightest Fly Reel Ever! October 1, 2018
- Oct 17, Arkansas catfish5.4 m 7:3 Hera rod. 6 lb level line. 4 lb leader. Size 12 hook. Homemade Avon float 2.51g. Small worms.
- Oct 17, A Case for Soft, Full-Flex RodsThere are many instances in tenkara and keiryu fishing where a robust, firm rod is the right choice. I would lose all credibility if I suggested otherwise.
- Oct 13, A micro bass!For the first time, I went to my local lake to try to catch bass on my tenkara rod. I soon gave up on the big fish and to my delight, noticed tons of tiny
- Oct 10, This Just In...New items and out-of-stocks that are back in stock. Suntech Grayce II NP52 Very beautiful, very capable keiryu rod. Back in stock. Daiwa Keiryu Damo V 30cm Well made rigid net with 30 cm diameter hoop and wooden handle. Back in stock. Ebira Rod Quiver Very light quiver to carry a tenkara rod, fly box, […]
- mounTEN Zine October IssueAnnouncing our first issue of mounTEN! The official “e-zine” of Tenkara USA. Look for it on the TENth of every month, each issue is a collection of essays, interviews, how-to’s, and philosophical thoughts on the tenkara lifestyle in TEN spreads. At the end of the zine will be an installment of Up TENkara Creek, a new […]
- tenkara+ Run: The FlyathlonRun, Fish, Beer! That’s the tagline for the Flyathlon, an event that brings together people to run a race, catch a fish, and at the end of the day enjoy a cold beer…all the while raising money to protect native trout. On August 11, 2018, 60 participants ran the race in a remote location and […]
- Video: Customer Service Tenkara Rod Tips from Tenkara USATenkara rods are very easy to use and are pretty strong. Some common problems with tenkara rods are very easy to avoid or deal with. In this video, John Geer from Tenkara USA’s customer service team, will walk you through some of the common problems seen on a tenkara rod, how to avoid problems while […]
Kayak Fishing Fun!
- The TRUTH of WHY you should NOT join the Military! October 19, 2018
- Should YOU join the Military?! October 17, 2018
- Sending AID to HURRICANE MICHAEL VICTIMS IN PANAMA CITY, Florida! October 16, 2018
- "Walking The Sea Wall With Andy" spin & fly fishing - Pensacola Florida October 18, 2018
- MAKE IT HAPPEN MONDAY #5 - How do I start a Business? October 15, 2018
- 30MO VLOG - LIVING THAT GOOD LIFE! - Fishing & Farming October 13, 2018
- CAT 4 HURRICANE MICHAEL MAKES LANDFALL- leaving pensacola October 11, 2018
- Meet My New Roommate & Intern: Miss Jamie Costa October 18, 2018
- Light Tackle Fishing on Lake Winnipesaukee | Field Trips New Hampshire October 16, 2018
- Catch & Cook: Black Sea Bass 2 Ways | Field Trips Rhode Island October 11, 2018
- MOST EPIC FISHING DAY - Nonstop Action | Field Trips Rhode Island October 9, 2018
- Striped Bass Fishing off Cape Cod | Field Trips Massachusetts October 4, 2018
- The STRANGEST Saltwater Fish... Lookdown-Catch Clean Cook (Moonfish) October 20, 2018
- The ULTIMATE Bait... Jetty GIANTS CANNOT Resist October 17, 2018
- Redfish on the Rocks +WILD Lobster Diving- Catch Clean Cook! October 15, 2018
- Some Fish CANNOT Be Stopped... October 11, 2018
- GIVEAWAY!! + How To Fillet a Snook October 8, 2018
- Searching for Giant Jack Crevalles with an Unexpected Surprise! October 16, 2018
- Defeated by the Parrots - ft. Paul Cuffaro October 11, 2018
- Fishing Chest Deep during the Mullet Run October 9, 2018
- This Fish was Massive!! October 2, 2018
- EPIC Blue Marlin Fishing in Costa Rica September 25, 2018
- 120kg Raggie Shark caught in Jeffreys Bay! || Fishing South Africa with Duvan van breda October 2, 2018
- I CAUGHT THE BIGGEST FISH OF MY LIFE!!! || MAZEPPA PART 4 September 30, 2018
- LAST cast miracle fish|| Catch and release 14.7kg Mussel cracker!! || Guided adventure September 22, 2018
- How to catch mussel cracker using red crab || secret trick September 19, 2018
- SAFTAD Trade show || whats new in the fishing world? From rods to drones. August 23, 2018
East Coast Happenings!
- THE RED FIN WAKE BAIT - FISHING SKINNY WATER STRIPERS Fished - Traditionally NON Traditional October 17, 2018
- WHAT to Carry??? - THE MESSY EARLY FALL SURF FISHING BAG & LURES - Bluefish / Striper October 13, 2018
- PORGY FISHING - NO BAIT!!! WAIT!!! - Porgies on OLD CLAM, GULP SANDWORMS & ASIAN CRAB October 10, 2018
- Surf Fishing for False Albacore - New Anchovy Jig October 17, 2018
- Blackfish Jigging Opening Day 2018 Triple Limit+! October 12, 2018
- False Albacore Surfcasting - Penn Conflict II Reel Review October 9, 2018
- NJ Yellowfin Tuna Fishing - As Good as it Gets! September 27, 2018
- Topwater Striper Fishing SHALLOW Water. Foggy Dusk Bite September 18, 2018
- Nantucket JUMBO Fluke/Flounder Trip. Fluke to 14lb+ September 7, 2018
On to the West Coast....
- Catch and Cook BOILED Fish ** Underwater Fishing Camera October 13, 2018
- Rock Fishing with Underwater Camera and Swimbaits October 12, 2018
- Fly Fishing BEAR COUNTRY with MACHETE and HOME DEPOT TARP *Catch, Clean and Camp EP 6* September 19, 2018
- Surf Fishing with $200 Weight (Very Bad Idea) ft. More Than Fishing October 16, 2018
- Battling ROUGH SEAS to Catch Salmon from a Kayak October 4, 2018
- Catch and Cook: Fish Wrapped with BACON (Surprisingly Amazing!) October 2, 2018
- First Time Fishing in TEXAS! (Friends Bachelor Weekend) October 17, 2018
- How to Catch Bass on (WEEDLESS) Drop Shot October 6, 2018
- HOW TO FISH THE FROG | Sponsored by Piscifun October 3, 2018
YouTube Fishing Dudes....
- How I LIVE Out of My Car -- (Fishing Off-road Mobile) October 14, 2018
- Parking Garage Fishing 20ft UP! -- Google Maps Challenge October 9, 2018
- Secret Swamp INFESTED With Vicious Fish! October 8, 2018
YouTube Fishing Ladies...
- Using Google Maps to Find HIDDEN Fishing Spots October 18, 2018
- Florida Inshore Fishing the MULLET RUN...1000's of baits everywhere! October 16, 2018
- Inshore Fishing in TORRENTIAL Hurricane Rainbands! October 11, 2018
Texas Fly Fishing Spotlight
Fly Fish Rockport
1 day 10 hours ago
The sun made an unexpected appearance today. The fishing was outstanding... until the deluge. #redfish #redfishonfly #flyfishing #texasflyfishing #flyfishingtexas #flyfishrockport
2 days 9 hours ago
We definitely need to thank a handful of fish that were willing to swim around with their backs out of the water, or tails up…
3 days 9 hours ago
A little tough to see ‘em out there today. But if you could... #sunshineplease #redfish #redfishonfly #texasflyfishing #flyfishingtexas #texas #porta #flyfishrockport
ReelFly Fishing Adventure
1 day 8 hours ago
Canyon Lake Dam releasing at 3,000 CFS into the lower Guadalupe River.
Guadalupe River Trout Unlimited
1 day 8 hours ago
3 days 14 hours ago
Guadalupe River update.
5 days 16 hours ago
Great pattern for our Texas Coast and easy to tie! Supplement the small brass eyes for bead chain for a little lighter presentation on our…
With season approaching we will be getting back on a more regualr schedule for the tying videos.Shooting for every other monday, dont forget to checkout and subcribe to the youtube channel as well!
This week: How to tie a Crafty Shrimp fly
#fishing #flyfishing #flytying #flyshop #realflyshop #puntagorda #portcharlotte #bocagrande #placida #englewood #venice #sarasota #ftmyers #bonita #estero #sanibel #naples #logantiesflies #westwalloutfitters #youtube #toolegittoquit #stayfly
5 days 21 hours ago
We love waking up to cold temps and rain, how about you? #reelfly #reelflyfishing #canyonlake #guadaluperiver #grtu #bringontherain #troutfishing #troutonthefly #texashillcountry #fishonfly #bookatrip #comefishwithus
Action Angler & Outdoors
1 day 12 hours ago
River update: The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has decided to increase releases from Canyon Lake to approximately 3,000 cfs by 5 pm today. Again,…
Texas Fishing Piers
61st Fishing Pier
1 day 7 hours ago
Donnie Boy Fleming Redfish Rodeo still on!
61st Street Fishing Pier was live.
1 day 14 hours ago
October 19, 2018 at 01:32PM
1 day 15 hours ago
October 19, 2018 at 12:56PM
Galveston Fishing Pier
23 hours 57 minutes ago
The fush don't know it's raining.... 🐟🎣🐟🎣
1 day 3 hours ago
Good evening anglers, it's 78F with a ENE wind at 6mph. Water is Sandy with 2-3ft swells at 76F. High tides are 2:06am & 1:21pm.…
1 day 5 hours ago
So far first place is 41 5/8 in.
1 day 8 hours ago
Galveston Fishing Pier was live.
Pirate’s Landing Fishing Pier
1 month 2 weeks ago
Have a safe Labor Day weekend! #portisabel #spi #pierfishing #gofishing
. Really powerful posts on Pirate's Landing Fishing Pier every week . . I could return to this later .
1 - 2 weeks 1 day ago
> #RealIssue. - Have to be brief, but I may return to this next week ..
1 week 3 days ago
2 months 1 week ago
Restocked! Thanks @marker54lures